- 2 EGG YOLKS
- 2 TBSP SUGAR
- 1/2 C DRY MINUTE TAPIOCA
- 2 C ALMOND MILK
- 1 - 14 OZ CAN LITE COCONUT MILK
- 1 TSP VANILLA PASTE (OR EXTRACT)
- 2 C DICED MANGO, DIVIDED
- 2 TBSP LIME JUICE
1. In a small bowl, mix egg yolks and sugar. Set aside.
2. Combine tapioca and almond milk in a saucepan and heat over medium high heat until it begins to simmer.
3. Add coconut milk and bring to rolling boil, stirring regularly.
4. When tapioca reaches a rolling boil, remove from heat and scoop out 1 c of hot tapioca and pour into egg mixture. Stir until combined and pour egg mixture back into saucepan, stirring constantly.
5. Return saucepan to heat and continue to cook until tapioca reaches boil again. Remove from heat.
6. Let cool until room temperature (covered). Stir and chill in refrigerator until cold, up to 2 hours.
7. When ready to serve, blend 1 c diced mango and lime juice in blender. Stir the the mango puree into the rest of the diced mango.
8. Place 3 oz of pudding and 1/3 c mango topping in serving dishes. You can layer the pudding between layers of mango or just put the mango on top.
This recipe is already gluten free.